about this site.


For the record, I am supremely jealous of all of those in the entertainment industry that get to make egregious amounts of money producing, writing or directing big budget films that are in the public eye. Since I have friends struggling to really “break in” the industry, I felt this exercise in writing would be an appropriate way to express my frustrations.

I have no interest in reviewing movies that are obviously terrible from a general public perspective. Also, you will rarely, if ever, see an independent movie or a newly released movie reviewed on this site. Why? Because I have HBO, Showtime, Starz, TMC, etc. and such movies are readily available for my viewing. I will make an effort to review one movie a week.



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Bounty Hunter

I'm not too sure why I do this to myself. Perhaps this unusual behavior can be linked to my subconscious desire for a mental raping or some other disturbing masochistic act. However, I can't stop myself. Terrible movies are to me what cocaine/prostitutes are to Chaz Sheen.

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Has my narcissism diminished along with my remaining days on this earth? No. I attribute this hiatus to the absence of Twilight fever or something more profound...like getting tested positive for Hepatitis C.

With all that being said, I will keep this review relatively short. For those that had the displeasure of viewing "The Bounty Hunter" starring Jennifer Aniston and Gerrard Butler, I offer my sincerest apologies. I had no part in the production of the film, but I am sorry in the way you console a friend after he or she has lost a loved one.

In almost every romantic comedy, no matter how awful it is, there exists at least 1 or 2 moments of genuine comedy. If I don't laugh, at the very least I think to myself, "that was a clever joke." This movie produced no such moments. On the degree of difficulty scale, such an accomplishment rivals nuclear fusion and finding a cure for cancer.

I suppose this film can be described in 3 words.

1. Unfunny
2. Predictable
3. Unresolved

I cannot emphasize that final point enough. After finishing this masterpiece and having time to reflect on it, I can't help but think of the WNBA....where terrible happens.

One final note.
If I had to rate this movie on a scale between 1-10, I would give this 8.5 abortions.

No comments:

Post a Comment